Duties and Tasks for: “Radiologic Technologist”
*Review and evaluate developed x-rays, video tape, or computer generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
* Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
*Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan.
* Operate or oversee operation of radiologic and magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
* Position and immobilize patient on examining table.
*Position imaging equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance, according to specification of examination.
*Key commands and data into computer to document and specify scan sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers, or photograph certain images.
*Monitor video display of area being scanned and adjust density or contrast to improve picture quality.
* Monitor patients’ conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physician.
*Set up examination rooms, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready.
*Take thorough and accurate patient medical histories.
*Remove and process film.
* Record, process and maintain patient data and treatment records, and prepare reports.
* Coordinate work with clerical personnel and other technologists.
*Demonstrate new equipment, procedures, and techniques to staff, and provide technical assistance.
*Provide assistance with such tasks as dressing and changing to seriously ill, injured, or disabled patients.
*Assign duties to radiologic staff to maintain patient flows and achieve production goals.