C/o P. O. Box SC 322, Community 5, Tema, Ghana | [email protected] | +23324 – 3783373
OBJECTIVE To secure employment utilizing my experience, qualities of a fast learner, people skills and ability to take new challenges.
SKILLS & ABILITIES Financial Accounting, Analysis & Reporting, Budgeting, Microsoft office Suit, Retail man, Bpems Activate, Payroll, Good interpersonal and communication skills, Team player, enthusiastic, self-motivated, Results driven and thrive on working under pressure to meet set deadlines.
EXPERIENCE IN ACCOUNTING DUTIES – ON TRANSFER TO
EMMANUEL EYE CENTRE EAST LEGON, ACCRA, OCT 2012 – DATE
• Processing of surgical and out patients department claims at the Health insurance unit
• Daily collection of cash
• Involved in claim processing of private insurance.
• Any other responsibilities as and when assigned by management
IN ACCOUNTING DUTIES AND HEAD OF HEALTH INSURANCE UNIT
ST LUKE CATHOLIC HOSPITAL, APAM, MAY 2004 – OCT, 2012
• Health Insurance (i.e. Outpatient and inpatient billings, compilation and onward submission to the local mutual scheme for reimbursement).
• Collating information on all organization and corporate bodies enjoying services and compiling monthly statements on their outstanding debts for reimbursement.
• Preparing monthly returns on Social Security Fund (SSF) and Income Tax for submission to Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and ensure payment appropriately.
• Preparation of MTEF budget of the Institution using activates software, the government of Ghana Budgeting software.
• Liaising regularly with Hospital management and revenue collectors to solve various financial management problems.
NATIONAL SERVICE – CATHOLIC HOSPITAL, APAM
N0VEMBER 2002 – SEPTEMBER, 2003
• Assisted the Senior Accountant and the Principal Accounts Officer in the day – to – day running of the Accounts department of the Hospital. Main task included Income Tax returns, Social Security and National Insurance returns and payment vouchers.
PRACTICAL ATTACHMENT – GHAHA WATER COMPANY, HEAD OFFICE, CAPE COAST, AUGUST – SEPTEMBER, 2001
Assisted the Accounts officer in charge of Inventories in:
• Checking physical stocks against tally cards
• Crosschecking entries into ledgers and bin cards
• Ascertaining variances, investigate causes and correction
• Carrying out stock valuation
• Ascertaining trends in material purchases and issues
EDUCATION • 2007 – 2008 Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration
(Greenhill College), Achimota, Accra
Bachelor of Accounting,
• 1999 – 2002 Cape Coast Polytechnic, Cape Coast
Higher National Diploma (H.N.D) Accountancy.
• 1996 – 1998 Apam Secondary School, Apam
Senior Secondary School Certificate (Business, Accounting Option)
PROJECT WORK • Assessment of the effectiveness of Corporate Governance in Ghana, a case study of Ghana Broadcasting Corporation.
• The effectiveness and efficiency of Internal Audit and a means of achieving adequate internal control systems, a case study of Quality control division of Ghana Coco board.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS • I am a very sociable person who enjoys using my spare time to help others and sharing ideas. I enjoy reading, soccer, music, jazz and watching movies.
REFERENCES MS. SAEEDA WILSON, [LECTURER]
GHANA INSTITUTE OF MGT & PUB. ADMINISTRATION (GIMPA)
P. O. Box AH 50, Achimota, Accra. Tel +233208966859,
email: [email protected],
MR. FRANCIS OSCAR STAFFORD YAWSON (PHSA)
ST. LUKE CATHOLIC HOSPITAL
P. O. Box 5, Apam, C/R, Ghana, Tel +233244986395, +233208906174,
email: [email protected]