BAQUIAL, BABY JANE LIGAN
Dapitan, Cordova, Cebu, Philippines
Contact No.: 0977 131 6455
E-mail: [email protected]
Patient-focused Emergency Room Nurse with experience in providing care. Clinical expertise in venipuncture, medication administration, wound care, and minor surgical assistance. Looking to take next career step with a highly respected medical organization committed to enhancing patient outcomes and quality of care.
Age: 25 years old
Date of Birth: 22 April 1993
Place of Birth: Lapu-lapu City
Civil Status: Single
Religion: Roman Catholic
Language: Cebuano, Tagalog, English
Dr. Ignacio M. Cortes Gen. Hospital
S.B Cabahug St. Mandaue City
100 Bed Capacity
1 Jun 2015- Present
Direct Patient Care
• Perform initial patient assessments and work with physicians to plan, implement, and evaluate plans of care for patients of all ages; manage average caseload of 20 patients.
• Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, and test results in electronic and physical medical charts.
• Observe patients and actualize nursing interventions to expedite healing and recovery after surgery.
• Utilize clinical expertise to remove sutures, administer medications and injections, administer IV therapy, and testglucose levels. Perform venipuncture, and provide wound care.
Patient Education and Staff Development
• Educate patients and caregivers on diagnosis, treatment options, and disease process and self-management.
• Provide comprehensive instruction on discharge plans to sustain continuity of care upon discharge and drive recovery goals.
• Precept student nurses and new hires on unit and hospital policies, clinical skills, and direct patient care.
• Maintain confidential patient charts and medical files; successfully organized, updated, and managed 200+ patientcharts at Dr. Ignacio M. Cortes General Hospital.
• Monitor and maintain inventory and supply levels; prepare and submit supply replenishment orders to maintain par levels.
• Implement new floor assignments based on staffing requirements.
• Identify opportunities for improvement in procedures, unit activities, and treatment.
Tertiary:University of Cebu2009-2013
Governor Cuenco Avenue Banilad Cebu City
Secondary:Saint Alphonsus Catholic School (SACS) 2005-2009
Lapu-lapu City Cebu
Primary:Pilipog Elementary School 1999-2005
Pilipog Cordova Cebu
Trainings and Seminars
ECG Reading and Basic Interpretation February 15, 2013
Nursing Skills Laboratory 3, University of Cebu- Banilad
IV Cannulation Training February 9, 2013Nursing Skills Laboratory 3, University of Cebu- Banilad
Preparing for the Leadership: What it takes to take the Lead October 3, 2012
Audio Visual Room 1, University of Cebu- Banilad
Employability of the Nurses October 2, 2012
Audio Visual Room 2, University of Cebu- Banilad
Basic Life Support- CPR Training for Healthcare Providers April 2-3, 2012
Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center Auditorium Cebu City
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organizational and managerial skills
• Reliable and responsible
• Strong analytical and observational skills
• Excellent knowledge of using the medical equipment
• Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications